Saturday 8 June 2013

NOTD: Aqua Sparkles


(They're not the neatest today! Need to work on that...)

I used one layer of Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in "Greenberry" which is actually slightly greener than in the photos. Once it was completely dry, I then cut up some masking tape and placed it at various angles on my nails. I painted another thin layer of the same polish on the exposed areas, then used just a cheap paint brush to place the glitter on top. Once that was dry, I used a layer of Sally Hansen Mega Shine Top Coat to set it (which as you can see in the pic below has started to go a little bubbly as it's nearing its end!). I think the end result is a nice subtle sparkly pattern, which you can make bolder by using different colours of course; the next I'm going to try is a white base with perhaps red glitter (although that's maybe a little too festive-looking for this time of year!).

l-r: thumb-pinky

Let me know if you've tried anything like this, and if you have any suggestions for anything I can do with my nails, and I love doing them up! It's quite relaxing :)

x



9 comments:

  1. Very clever! I never would have thought of that. Love the color too!

    http://starrynightxxc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was really easy to do, definitely try it :) xx

      Delete
  2. They look really nice. It's very creative. Love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this effect! The colour of that polish is so pretty too.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the Greenberry polish :) xx

      Delete
  4. I like them! Using tape to get crisp lines is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's no way I could do it without tape :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love these! So simple but they look so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, I love getting them! If you fancy getting in touch directly, tweet me @wendy_carr :) x