Monday 17 February 2014

My Amazing Weekend #2


It was almost a whole year ago when I did my first Amazing Weekend post, and honestly I wasn’t planning on writing another, but after this weekend, I just have to. I feel so thankful today that I feel I must put it into writing!


*WARNING* This is going to be a very soppy post! :)



Basically, a couple of weeks ago I got some bad news about a close family friend who I’ve known basically my whole life. It was very difficult and emotional for me not being at home with my family, or being able to go to the funeral on Friday and all the while having tonnes of work to do for school.

However, coincidentally, one of my absolute best friends, Lucia – who, incidentally, featured in My Amazing Weekend #1 and currently lives in Cyprus with her husband – came over to the UK this weekend and her first port of call was with me! I feel so honoured that she wanted to use a whole quarter of her trip to come and stay with me in London as she has plans to see so many people this week, and even moreso that she came to see me first. It couldn’t have been better timing as, after an especially tear-filled Friday, this weekend has been filled with laughter, catch-ups and junk food.

She arrived on Saturday night and although her flight was unfortunately delayed by over an hour she made it safely to Ealing, I met her at the tube station and we proceeded to head home for a spaghetti bolognese dinner and catch-up.

Yesterday we had a fairly early start and a relaxed morning getting ready together and chatting, after which we went into town to do a bit of shopping and met up with 2 of her friends/bridesmaids, Rose and Cat. We headed to Bond Street and managed to get a couple of things on Lucia’s extensive shopping list (shopping in Cyprus is apparently so much more expensive, it’s just not worth it!), then headed to Waterloo to meet the girls for some grub. We went to Vapiano, which I’d not been to before, and had a beautiful Italian lunch. Lucia was so lovely and treated me, and the food was just stunning (I had the Pesto con Spinaci Pizza if you check out the menu here), affordable and the ambiance was great (with basil pots on every table!). I certainly hope to go there again.

We followed lunch with a coffee at Pret a Manger, then said goodbye to Rose and Cat, who both had other evening engagements. So we headed back to Bond Street to find Lucia some new make-up. I had a great time checking out all the stands without spending a penny! Lucia opted for some NARS Sheer Matte foundation in Monte Blanc, some NARS Pro Prime Multi-Protective primer and Benefit They’re Real mascara (an old favourite). I’ll make sure to get her opinion on the NARS products once she’s had a chance to try them out properly! We headed home and had a lovely chilled out evening, with lots of junk food and nail-painting, then fell asleep in front of Silver Linings Playbook (one of my favourite films).

I dropped Lucia off at the station on my way to school this morning, and although I was very sad to see her go, I’d had such a great weekend and felt so much love for her, I just couldn’t help but feel happy!

Thank you so much Lucia for cheering me up and making this weekend wonderful! xxx

Bride and Maid-of-Honour on Lucia's Big Day last August
                                                                                          
So that was my weekend; how was yours? Tell me about your besties! I can’t wait for My Amazing Weekend #3, whenever it may come!

Wendy xxx


6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! (:

    Kelly x

    http://thebellevieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you, if a little cheesy! :) x

      Delete
  2. It's always nice to have a friend like that! No matter what they can always cheer you up!
    You have such a lovely blog. I just followed you :)
    I can't wait to read more from you!


    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this was so lovely to read! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, I love getting them! If you fancy getting in touch directly, tweet me @wendy_carr :) x