Monday 27 January 2014

My Top 5 Perfumes


I have 5 perfumes that I really love and repurchase (when I can afford it… Hello Boots points!). I don’t really have a particular order as I tend to go through phases, but in general my faves are floral and sweet (I think!).  I don't have perfumes that I will only wear in Spring/Summer or Autumn/Winter like I know many people do, but just generally wear whichever depending on the mood I'm in day-to-day! Unfortunately, as it was a 2006 Limited Edition, a favourite that I can’t include in this list is Ghost’s Summer Flirt. So if anyone can recommend a perfume which smells similar to it and available to buy right now, pleeease tell me as I loved it!

(All official descriptions are taken from official websites and www.theperfumeshop.com.)


Armani Diamonds (eau de parfum)
I first smelled this perfume on my flatmate a few years ago and it was love at first sniff! I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a bottle and now I am so worried of running out (and not being able to afford a new bottle yet) that I generally save it for special occasions. Although, I would wear this every day if I could! It’s so beautiful.

“…a surprising gourmand fragrance to give a stone a flavour and to a woman a self-confident and audacious feeling… A fragrance that reflects the sparkle, strength, brilliance and sexiness of the Emporio Armani woman.”
Heart notes Rose, lily of the valley, patchouli, freesia
Top notes Lychee, raspberry
Base notes Vetiver, amber, vanilla
Scent Floral Oriental
Feel Charismatic, Confident, Elegant



Beyoncé Heat (eau de parfum)
I’m not just a fan of this because I'm such a fan of Beyoncé (although, that is a plus!). Again, I smelled this on someone else (a work colleague) and loved it straight away. I first got my hands on a bottle a few years ago and even today it is still my everyday perfume of choice. It starts off fresh and floral but develops into a beautifully feminine, much sweeter scent. I already have another bottle waiting for when I finish my current one!

“…a captivating fragrance that unleashes a spirited fire within. It is a unique expression of a woman's powerful sensuality: sexy, elegant yet feminine with an air of mystery, this fragrance reflects a self-assured woman, who is not afraid to desire and to be desired.”
Top Notes A radiant floral bouquet of Red Vanilla Orchid, Magnolia and Neroli, balanced with a kiss of luscious blush Peach.
Heart Notes A sensual combination of Almond Macaroon, Honeysuckle Nectar and Crème de Musk.
Base Notes A warm and sexy dry-down of giant Sequoia Milkwood, Tonka Bean and Amber.
Scent Floral
Feel Seductive



Gwen Stefani Music (eau de toilette)
To me, this one smells really fresh and fruity, and to be honest, I haven’t repurchased this in a long time (mainly due to lack of funds, although I’ve recently found some bargains online). Now I’ve run out however, I actually miss it a bit. It would be a nice everyday alternative to Heat I think.

“Tough, with an attitude! Always looking to make someone laugh, charismatic Music has no qualms telling it like it is! Styling in a smocked sailor outfit and black lace-up boxing boot, Music grooves to the soundtrack of life.”
Heart Notes Sweetpea, Jasmine Sambac, Honeysuckle.
Top Notes Sparkling Pear, clementine.
Base Notes Sleek Woods, Vanilla, Skin Musk.
Scent Floral
Feel Sparkling, Yummy, Juicy.


Nina Ricci Nina (eau de toilette)
Again, I think this smells very fruity (but in a different way), and it is very sweet. I have had many compliments on this scent when wearing it! I actually ran out a couple of years ago and haven’t been able to repurchase it (as the price tag is a little steep for my bank balance), but thankfully I got another bottle Christmas 2012 which I still haven't finished. For an eau de toilette, a little spritz of this lasts surprisingly long.

“A modern fairy tale for all young women searching for surprise and fantasy: the perfect opportunity for enchantment and seductive femininity.”
Heart notes Red Toffee Apple, Praline, Vanilla
Top notes Lemon, Lime
Base notes Wood Accord, White Cedar, Cotton Musk
Scent Floral
Feel Enchanting, Feminine, Seductive



Cacharel Amor Amor (eau de toilette)
Surprise, surprise; another scent I first smelled on someone else (a friend at SYT, many years ago!). Again, it is a very sweet everyday fragrance. This one is especially good for days when I know I won’t get the chance to re-spritz as the scent lingers all day, especially on clothes: sometimes even after washing! Plus this one is a bit kinder to my purse so I am more likely to repurchase this (and it seems to be on offer quite a lot too!).

“The atmosphere is electric as your glances meet. Amor Amor is the trigger: do you dare unleash the passion? Sensual vanilla and jasmin mingle with sparkling blackcurrant; let the scent wrap around you both. Instant attraction, instant desire, instant Amor.”
Heart Notes Mandarin, Black Currant, Melati Blossom, Lily Of The Valley, White Musk, Grey Amber
Scent Floral
Feel Individual, Modern, Passionate



So these are my top 5 perfumes. What are yours? Can you recommend any you think I might like? I did try a couple of Marc Jacobs perfumes recently that I really liked (Lola and Daisy I think) so may see if I can get one of them at some point. And again, if anyone knows where I can get some Ghost Summer Flirt or a very similar fragrance, please let me know!


Wendy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments, I love getting them! If you fancy getting in touch directly, tweet me @wendy_carr :) x